Friday, October 17, 2008

For These Things I Am Blessed

When I started this post I must say that it was a whole bunch of complaining. Mostly about how Big J has been gone and wont be back for what seems like forever. How I now have to get up in the mornings and get Little D out to school and how I miss, on the off chance that the kids slept in, sleeping in. That my house is always messy and cluttered and I hate that there is 15 yr old carpet in here. And there is never enough storage space.

But then I stopped and thought, Why am I complaining? I'm blessed that I have a good Husband who works hard for us and even though he hates to be away, he goes because he wants to provide for us. I'm blessed that I have a nice warm bed and a roof over my children's heads. I'm blessed to have things to clutter up my house and that my children have toys and food to eat.

Certainly in these times when people are loosing there houses and are trying to make their rent I am blessed that Big J has a good job. I am grateful that my family is healthy and that we have our needs met. So from now on I hope to complain less and just to make do with what I am blessed with.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for writing this because I have been having several pitty parties and I decided I need to have gratitude parties instead! :D

homegirl said...

Your not alone! I think we can all say we've been there! The important thing is you realize you are greatly blessed with a darling little family and a husband who loves you!

tiki95 said...

Amen sister! I second everything you just said. Cute background, and congrats on ETSY. Yeah for you. Good luck!

Wendy said...

You're awesome, Shawnel. Thank you for the reminder of all we have.

Cotton Queen said...

Funny what little things make you really think! Thanks. Totally needed that too!