Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Are you 6 or 16?

(Photo by Kim Anderson)

So when my Mom was here we asked Little D how school was and he gave the usual answer,"Fine". Then we asked him who his friends were.
He named a few and then said, "Oh and Isabella" I was trying to figure out who she was when he followed with, "I'm going to marry her!"
Mom and I both started laughing and then I asked him why he was going to marry her.
He said, "Cause she's so cute!"
We were still chuckling and said,"Oh, O.K." We told him that since she wasn't a member he was going to have to baptize her so he could marry her in the Temple. He said," I know."

Then fast forward to Yesterday when I asked him how Isabella was doing. He says with a sigh,"Oh, alright." Then there was a long pause. Then he said,"I think she has another boyfriend".
I asked why he thought this and he says,"Well, she doesn't do anything with me."
I asked what she was supposed to do. (wondering what the girlfriend responsibilities were for a 1st grader)
He said,"Well when we get to chose partners she always chooses someone else! She never picks me!"
I told him that it would be fine and that he had a lot of years before he could marry her. Then I thought that I really needed to go volunteer so I can find out who this girl is.

Little A asked if she was a "Kissy Girl" (which is what Little D normally calls girls) He said."No that was last year when I was in Kindergarten."

No comments: