Monday, October 26, 2009

Space Bags

(Oh and I have never gotten a space bag to be that flat. Its always got bumps and lumps!)

This last Saturday was spent cleaning out Little A's room. Before you couldn't even open the closet doors. But Now I have cleaned it all out and have her book shelf in there. I re arranged her whole room. Now she has a little more room to play around in. So what was taking up all the space in her closet and in Little D's closet as well? BABY CLOTHES!!

Its so frustrating because I have all these baby clothes from Little A but no where to put them. Little D has a lot too but at least I am using them for Little C. When I'm not sure when or if we plan on having more kids it frustrating. So I'm just not sure what to do with them all. If I keep all Little A's stuff and we have another and its a boy. Then what? Do I still keep all my girl stuff in case of another or by that time is the gap too great?

So I was trying to figure out how to store these and thinking that I needed them to take up less space so I thought that I would try space bags. Has anyone ever tried these before? I bought some like 2 years ago and only like 2 of them held the air out. The others seemed to slowly refill with air. I don't know what that was about. but its an awesome concept. So I thought that maybe I had just gotten a bad batch and went and bought another set from Costco. I noticed that the valve thing is different. So I am hoping that they would do what the others have done and re fill. After having them sealed for a day though it looked like they were getting air back in again. I re vacuumed them and now they seem fine. So I am wondering? Is this common practice to have to vacuum them and then wait and then do it again? Or am I doing something else wrong?

I'm hoping that they will work because now I have all Little A's clothes under her bed and all Little D and C's clothes will go in the attic. By the way, I cleared a space for them on Saturday. And I found a gold mine of stuff that I don't even remember having!

No comments: