Friday, September 17, 2010

Another Project Completed

Well it's done! I've always wanted to start doing this. Taking old furniture and make it look new. I got this dresser from a good friend who didn't need it anymore. Here is what it looked like before.

The missing drawer is there I just had to glue the track a little so that it why I don't have it in this picture. And this was after I had sanded it once. If you look closely you can see that it used to be a yellow-ish cream.

I just painted Little A's room and she needed a dresser the most so I new that I would paint it white. I used the same color as her bed (that I will post as soon as her room is clean) and the tree on her wall. First I took off all the hardware and sanded the whole thing. Then I painted it white with 2 coats. Then I went to the expert on the matter and asked My Mom what I should do next and she told me to get some gel wax and put it on the top to give it a smooth feel. So I did. Then I put back on the hardware and VOILA!

Perfect dresser for Little A and matches her room perfectly! Oh and she also told me that she would be getting rid of the matching side table too!

As soon as she digs it out of her Garage. I can't wait to finish that one. Then Little A's room will be done. Then to start on the boys' room. Ugh...

No comments: