Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Little A's Tree

Is finally done! I just finished moving all of her stuff back into her room. This was a major undertaking. It started when I saw a blog where a lady had painted this in her guest room. Her tree was perfect but nowhere to be found so I went to the best artist I know, My MOM! She whipped me up this tree in no time. I first painted her whole room light green. Its called apple slice. Then I decided that there was too much green. So I painted one wall cream. It totally soaks in the green from the other 3 walls and looks great. Next came the hard part.

How to get the tree from an 8x10 to the wall? The lady who had done this on her blog said that she borrowed one from the local school. (I don't know where she lived, but they done loan those out here!) So I searched high and low for an overhead projector. No where rents them. On place said, "Well, we sell them." I was like I only need one for about an hour. I was about to call my mother and tell her that she was gonna have to come down here and re-draw it on the wall this time. Luckily for her one of the kindest families I know said that he had one that hooked up to a laptop and projected it on the wall, and he was willing to lend it to me.

Little A was the Photographer. This is me tracing the tree onto the wall.

After I had the projector it went so fast I was done tracing it in about an hour. I was so excited and relieved that it was done that I started calling everyone. I was so grateful to Mr. Fordham for letting me borrow his projector. I painted the first coat the next day.

This is painting the leaves. Every once in a while I would step back and squeel!

Here it is after the first coat.
It took a little while because to do the leaves I had to use a small paintbrush. Then I had to let it dry and painted the second and final coat today.

Second coat.


Here is a picture of her bed under the tree. I will eventually get her a white bed. But for now she is using the top to the boy's bunk bed. Until Little C is ready for a "Big Boy" bed. He could probably use it now but then I would "have" to buy Little A a new bed.


I am so grateful to everyone that helped me get this project done. I am still working on her room though. I have 2 white shelves to hang and some wooden butterflies that I need to repaint. Then, it will be finished. Oh and some sheer curtains to go with the purple.

Thanks Again!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

LOVE the tree...maybe you should come and paint that on my nursery wall if I have a girl! :)

grandmawhitehouse said...

Wow it turned out great! I love it

jafreakinessa said...

she must have a white bed now!! I bet we could find a cute one at knock off wood!! andd you are lucky and probably have all the tools you would need and the husband to help and or make do it!

jafreakinessa said...

doh so i just read the blog and it says you need a white bed hahah i was just looking at the pictures and thought it. we are so the same!!