Thursday, February 17, 2011

When to say enough?

After our weekly outing to Costco (yes I said weekly. Its so sad) We came home and put everything away. I hadn't seen Little C in a while and started searching. I went into his bedroom only to find him sitting patiently on the top bunk with his arms folded... waiting.....

What and Who was he waiting for?
When I entered the room he said pointing to the T.V., "Mom wace ON!" (which means race car, which means Cars) He had already watched it twice today. He is obsessed. I reluctantly turned the movie on and left him to it.

He will sit there there the whole time and not move. If it were on replay or whatever I would probably never see him.

We went shoe shopping for him the other day because his shoes broke. While there I learned 2 things. First I had been cramming his feet into a size 6 when he is apparently an 8. Second that you should never show a 2 year old a shoe with his favorite character on it if you don't intend to buy it or until you check if they have his size!

We walked in and I foolishly said,"Look. McQueen." Little C looked and it was all over. Every other shoe I tried to get onto his foot was met with tears and screams for "MyQueen". They only had them in 7 and a half and up. I thought that he needed a 7 at the most. Then once the lady told me that he needed 8's I was relieved. So now he has light up McQueen shoes and never wants to where anything else.

Needless to say I will probably be throwing him a Cars themed party for his Birthday.


No comments: