Saturday, February 21, 2009

Picnic in the Park


So on Friday it was such a nice day that I decided to take the Kids to the Park for a Picnic. It was sunny and clear and a perfect day. It was really fun. The kids rode their bikes there and back. They didn't complain one time about being tired. Poor Little A has such a small trike that she had to pedal twice as fast too. I think that we will have to see about getting her a big girl bike. I pushed Little C in the stroller. One man commented on our way by where my bike was and I was like I wish I had one. But then I would need one of those trailers or seats on the back for Little C.

Once the Kids got to the park we put a blanket down and had our picnic of sandwiches, strawberries, pineapple, celery and peanut butter.

Later the kids played at the park and rode their bikes around. Little D thought that it was fun to get the other kids to chase him on his bike. He liked showing me his new trick on his bike that was to stand up and pedal. He thinks that its fun, but not as fun as making skid marks on the sidewalk.

While the Kids were playing Little C was so excited and you could tell that he wanted to go play with them. He would get up on his knees and raise his arms and yell. He was practicaly pacing the blanket. It was so funny. He wouldn't crawl off the blanket because he didn't want to touch the grass. He did one time when he wanted to check out Little A's bike and imediatly retreated. It was like his own little play pen.

Along the way we saw a lot of "popcorn" trees and had to sing the song. Here is a picture of one that I took on the way back.

It was a lot of fun and the kids are already begging to do it again.

1 comment:

Cotton Queen said...

What a fun thing to do. Love the trees in bloom.