Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Help From a Green Thumb, Please!


So I have wanted a Garden for a few years now but have never had the right spot to plant one or enough motivation to do one. This year I WILL HAVE A GARDEN! I have a spot and everything. But here is the catch... I have no idea what to do after I take the stumps out and get the soil tilled. I know that there are certain times that you can plant here and certain vegetables grow at certain times. But I have no idea what they are or how to do it.

So I am in need of a Green Thumb. Someone that can help me, more like tell me what do to and how to do it and where. Or maybe there is a great book out there that can help me. The only problem with the book thing is that how will I know if what it says is right for Bakersfield? I have been needing to get started on this for some time but with the cold and the rain that we have been enjoying lately I can't seem to make myself do it.

So if any of you know anything about this Vegetable garden thing and would like to help or know of a place where I can find someone who does. Please let me know. I would be glad to enlist your help.

3 comments:

homegirl said...

Just ask Sabrina Moncur! She has a great green thumb and has the best garden!

Sabrina said...

Give me a call Shawnell! I would love to help you get a garden going! It is the best thing in the world to have home grown veggies. The time for planting a summer garden is March/April. Anyways call me and I'll come help you!

Wendy said...

Two words - SABRINA MONCUR! She is the MASTER GARDENER. (Honestly, she grows enough to feed our whole ward.) She is awesome! Good luck!