Friday, February 27, 2009

Meal Moths AGAIN!!!


So a few years ago,(probably 2) we had these little moths in our pantry. I don't know how they got there. But I had to take everything out of the pantry and clean it out. Not only that but you also have to throw away practically everything that is in either a box or a plastic bag. Why? Because they can eat through that stuff, and then they nest in there. Its so gross! Anyway, after I did that about 2 years ago I threw 2 cedar balls in the bottom of the pantry and they were gone. Now.... they're back! AAGGGGHHHH!!!! So frustrating. Every time I would open the pantry 2 or 3 would fly out at me. (Big J finds that part humorous) I guess my cedar balls weren't strong enough anymore or something. So anyway I cleaned it all out again and I hope they are gone. If anyone else has ever had this and has been successful in getting rid of them let me know. My sister said that at least they weren't tics, which my Sister-In-Law had at her house a while ago. I said I don't know.... at least tics don't get into your food.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I feel your pain...that bites.

Cotton Queen said...

Man...that sucks! Call the county ag dept. they could probably give you a few tips, that is what I do when I find very UNWANTED critters in my house.

becky said...

OK so I totally blog hopped over to your blog from Allie's! I am so excited to find all my Bakersfield buddies again I miss you guys tons! I totally had those buggers when I was there, It cost me sooo much in Chocolate chips, baking stuff, twice it all had to get thrown out and I finally broke down and bought air tight containers fro EVERYTHING! Which was a pain- but everytime I opened the pantry and some flew out I would be sooo MAD so I figured in the long run it saved me money because I didn't have to throw stuff out anymore... So anyway your kids are adorable!! And your floor looks great!