Friday, June 12, 2009

Big Sky Country

School is out and swimming lessons are over (for now) so.... We're off to the Big Sky Country! Its the best time of year when we get to go to Montana. The only down side is that we have to drive and it takes us 2 days to get there. We never seem to get there fast enough. But we get to go, non the less, so I am grateful.

Today was spent washing and packing clothes, cleaning the house, packing the car and convincing Big J that we really need to leave at 4 am. I told him that we have to try it at least once and if it didn't work out we could go back to "his way" which is getting out the door if we are lucky by 9am. Its funny because you would think that any sane person would want to opt for the later time but I was raised to have everything packed in the car the night before so that all you had to do was throw the kids in the car and go.

Above is a picture of my brother Mr. Moss and the view from the "hike" they took last time we were in Montana. I say "Hike" because it was more like rock climbing than hiking. Below is a picture of the steep cliff they climbed to get that picture.


Yep that part on the right is what they climbed. At first Big J thought that Mr. Moss was joking about climbing it. But my brother is a little bit of crazy! Big J says that he just about died trying to get up that. I told him that he should be in better shape when he is to go "hiking" with Mr. Moss.

4 comments:

Mamawags said...

Have a great trip!! Someday I hope to go to Big Sky Country!!

Jessica said...

:D Eeeeeek! See you there! :D

Samurai Mom said...

I nearly sprained but definitley twisted my ankle when I went on a "walk" with Mr Moss

homegirl said...

Okay Shawnel, don't hate me but I was wondering if we could do swim lessons either at 10:20am or 2:00pm when you get home? I'm so sorry for the change...again! Just let me know what is better for you! Thanks!