Sunday, September 13, 2009

Big J's New Calling

So Big J is now the new Ward Clerk! It was a total surprise. It was also a surprise to hear what that entailed. We went into the meeting thinking it was something to do with Stake Mission Prep or Elders Quorum. They said a lot about how he gets to see and know the inner workings of the Bishopric. They also said that when the Lord wants to tutor one of his children he gives them this calling. They said a lot about trust and confidentiality and how he couldn't share details with me (which I knew and expected) but that he could share the feelings and testimonies that would come from this calling. I knew that he would love to give me a hard time about the fact that he can not share details. So I told them about how he ALWAYS says that he can't tell me things because I am not in the "Circle of Trust"! They all laughed. No doubt I will hear that a lot in the coming months. He was sustained and set apart today and the outgoing Clerk was more than happy to pass the keys and get him "logged in" to the computer today after church. So there you have it.

No comments: