Thursday, February 18, 2010

Febuary so far...


So our February has been nice so far. For Valentines day Big J bought me a Serger! Which is greatly appreciated. I have been taking a "break" from sewing lately but I am glad to have it for when I start up again. It will get used a lot over the years I'm sure.

Aunt Nessa made the Valentine suckers this year and it was really nice of her. She probably made about 100 suckers. And as the families get bigger it will be an even bigger task. They are a tradition in our family and have been handing them out to our friends since I can remember. I don't remember a Valentines party where the suckers were not looked forward too. I remember my mother making suckers for about a week or so before Valentines day non stop.


Here is a picture of one. They are marshmallow on one side and cinnamon on the other. Its the perfect mix.


The kids love them. THANKS NESSA-FACE!!!

I've noticed that some of the funnest times in school are taken away these days. Like the Valentines day party. Poor Lil D had only 1 hour for his party. When I was in school it was a whole day event. We would make our shoe box mailbox at home and bring it to school and some years we would have a reading day we would bring our pillows and blankets and get to lay on the floor and read all day. Or we would get a movie day and watch a movie and eat popcorn and candy. It was so fun! We would walk around and pass out the valentines. Most were home made. It was always so fun and we looked forward to it. I'm not saying that kids still don't look forward to it. Its just not the same. Now they are barely willing to give up an hour. Where is the fun people? Maybe its just here in California. Maybe in my Montana its still the same. I can hope.

No comments: