Friday, March 12, 2010

Did you call a plumber?


***This post is not for people with weak stomachs***

So every time something breaks I wonder if we are going to have to call someone to come out and fix it. Like when the hot water on the washer wouldn't come out or when the shower wont unclog. But every time I call Big J and ask what to do and he just says that he will fix it when he gets home. And he usually does.

So yesterday the kitchen sink clogged up. This has never happened before and I hadn't put anything big in it or anything. All I did was start the dishwasher and later saw water rising in the sink. When I called Big J he told me to plunge it. I tried but had no success. So I just left it for Big J. Later when he got home he tried to plunge it and also couldn't get it. So he went to the store and bought a 25ft snake thing. ($40) And tried to get the clog out. But still couldn't get it.

While talking to a friend (who happens to be a plumber) he was told that he would need at least 50 ft. So he offered to come and fix it for us. While we were waiting for him to get here Big J just couldn't help to keep trying. He said that our friend said that a lot of people try to get a plug thing off and end up breaking it because they don't know how. So what does Big J do? He tries to get it off. I kept telling him that he needs to wait and let the professional handle it, but that only made him try harder I think. Men are so funny.

This is Big J NOT being patient. Waiting for the plumber.

Big J's Plumber butt! He He

This came out when He opened the Plug thing. GROSS!

When our friend arrived he brought in, what I call, the BIG DADDY SNAKE! He did say that there was an even bigger one but thought that this would do. But compared to Big J's this was much bigger. He had the drain unclogged in about 10 mins.

Here is the Big Daddy Snake compared to Big J's

Big J was a little upset that he spent $40 on a tool that wouldn't even work. I guess you can't always just go out and buy the right tool. I know I know Big J has just about every other tool in the world. (Every time he has to fix/make something there is another special tool that he needs) And the one that our friend used was like $1000 or so. So I wonder if buying the tools evens out to the amount that the service repair people and others would cost.

No comments: