Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Journal Jars

Last week I completed our Journal Jars. I wanted to do these so that we could get into the habit of writing in our Journals and also for the kids to be able to practice their writing and spelling skills. We have written in them 4 days in a row now and it has been fun.
The kids for the most part enjoy doing it. I told Little D when he was complaining one time that he was doing it so that his kids would have something to read about his life and things that he felt and thought. So now every time he makes a mistake he says "great now my kids will see this!" And get upset. I told him that it was OK because they might read it when they are 7 and say hey dad wrote just like me. He is the one that is having a hard time. He hates writing because he is not very good at it. I told him that he just needs practice. Hopefully he will be writing much better by the time 2nd grade starts.
Little A thinks its great and wants to try and write every word all by herself. She does pretty good but I end up writing most of what she tells me to write. Then I have them draw a picture to illustrate their entry.
I have also been making Big J do it too. He only does his on Sunday's but at least its better than nothing. He really doesn't have time to do it more.

1 comment:

grandmawhitehouse said...

That was funny about Danny. Tell them both to keep up the good work.