Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting Ready

Well I am going to be participating in what we are calling an Iron Week. What is that you ask? Well, you have all heard of the Iron Man right? The race where they have to run 26.2 miles and swim 2.4 miles and bike 112 miles all in 24 hours. Ya well I'm not doing that. I am doing it in a week.

There is a big group of us that are going to try and tackle this race in a week. 24 hours just seems crazy. A week seems Do-able, hard but Do-able. I am not a biker or swimmer, or a runner for that matter but I am going to try my hardest even if I have to spend 4 hrs a day in the gym. I will complete it. The biking is the only one that worries me at all. I don't even have a bike so mine will all have to be done at the gym.

At the same time I am starting a Biggest Loser competition. So I think that the Iron Week is a great way to start my weight loss. The weight comp is going to be for 8 weeks and I hope to lose 20 lbs. Anymore than that is icing on the cake.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Good luck! You will do GREAT! :)