Thursday, January 29, 2009

Doctors and Doctor Offices Everywhere!


Why are you so greedy? Its the only explanation that I can come up with as to why you schedule so many appointments in one day. GREED! What? You don't make enough money that you have to schedule as many patients as you possibly can?

I mean come on, everyone knows how much it sucks to sit in the waiting room for 15 to 30 mins (even though you were probably racing to get there on time). And then when they finally call your name you feel relieved that the wait is over only to find out that it has just begun. They take you into a cold little room (with no clock, mind you, probably so that you don't know how much time has actually gone by and get mad) and make you wait even longer. Then when the Doctor finally comes in he is there only for 5 mins. (and that's being generous) Then you rush out because you didn't plan on being there for 2 hrs. And drive like mad to the next thing.

Don't you ever have to do to the Doctor? Or take your kids (above situation way worse when children are involved) or other family members to one? You must not because if you had then you would definitely know what I am talking about and make some changes.

I mean can't you schedule less patients a day that way if you get behind you can catch up? And if someone is more than 10 mins late make them reschedule. I mean sure it would suck to be that person but hey GET THERE ON TIME!! And sure you wouldn't make quite as much money but hey for your sanity and your patients and the safety of everyone on the roads when we are rushing to get to our child's bus stop on time, take it like a man! I'm sure you wouldn't have to move down a tax bracket and would be just fine!

So PLEASE SPARE US and schedule more time in between appointments for those times when you get behind. Above is a picture of that they should post inside the exam rooms.

4 comments:

grandmawhitehouse said...

reeeeerrrr! I agree though. I love your blog background. :0)

Sabrina said...

I totally agree! That is one of my biggest pet peeves-having to wait at the Dr.'s office, when you were on time! I feel your pain

Wendy said...

Amen, sister!

Cotton Queen said...

This is so funny, I actually overheard a women complaining to the receptionist about her reason for being late returning to the doctors office (she came in 15 min ealier and signed in and left to run some errands) she said why should I sit here and waste my precious time and not get paid for it when I know I am going to be here for hours on end waiting, while he is going to only spend 2 minutes with me. It was so funny and everyone, me included was nodding in total agreement. She did get in and was out even before any other patient in the waiting room was called back. Yeah FRUSTRATING!!