Friday, April 24, 2009

Update: My Veggie Garden

Well everyone has been asking me how my garden is growing so here it is....


Yesterday I went out to check on everything and found these! Little tiny tomatoes! I was so excited I ran to get my camera.



Today while I was out there weeding and putting some cages around my tomato plants I noticed these!

Tiny little beans! This one is bigger than all the rest.







Here are my zucchini. Which are growing like weeds, actually better than weeds. I think that I will have a lot. I planted 2 plants because I figured that at least one might survive. I never thought that they would both make it. Yet here we are.


The potatoes are doing great. at first I was worried because they weren't sprouting up. But then all of the sudden they were there and they were big. I guess the just had to wait until they were big enough to push through the hard soil. I am still waiting for 3 to pop up. My next thing I need to do is figure out how you know that they are done.



My strawberries are still pretty small so I am worried that I wont get anything. Everything else has blossoms and they barely have leaves.

My corn is about 3 times the size it was when it was planted so that is a good sign. It looks like I only lost 2 pea plants and the rest are doing well. The carrots.... well they never came up. I think that there might be 3 but I cant tell if they are carrots or grass. The peppers are twice the size they were but other than that they haven't done much. No blossoms or anything. The same with the cucumbers.

New to the garden are a pumpkin and a watermelon.

No comments: