Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I love right now!

It is the perfect weather day. I Love this time. Late spring, when its no longer cold so no need to use your heater and its not too hot yet so there is no need to use the air. Right now it is about 77 degrees and mostly cloudy. Its perfect. I can sit in my house and have all the windows open and feel the cool breeze. I wish everyday was like this.

I also love this time of year because it is perfect for PICNICS!


I just finished my picnic basket and I am so excited to take it out on its first official picnic. I told the kids that we could go on Saturday.


I found the basket at the Home Goods store in Phoenix. I made the lining and also made a coordinating blanket and napkins. I found matching plates at Target and I was lucky to find ones that matched.
I only wish I would have put the elastic in a casing of matching fabric. But oh well. It holds forks, knives, spoons, straws, and napkins on the top. (the side that doesn't have anything in it is for the other 3 napkins that I will finish tonight.)


Here is the inside complete with a pocket for a trash bag and wipes. (cause you always should have them handy) The lining is able to be removed and washed if needed. My sister has redone a few picnic baskets and they always turn out great. You can check hers out here.

1 comment:

grandmawhitehouse said...

It looks great Shawnel. How about a picnic in Montanta