Saturday, April 24, 2010

What did you do with your Saturday?

What every other LDS woman does.... Ready the Garden!

Big J and I spent all day getting things ready for our Garden. We are a little late in getting things ready this year. But better late than never. So today we put up a fence to keep "Chew-bacca" out. BTW I am now referring to Cheyenne as Chewbacca because she will chew up anything if left out. And she actually looks a little like Chewbacca. Its funny because she will sit outside the gate now and whimper because she wants to be in there with everyone else.


Anyway. Big J was good enough to get that put up. Then he tilled the dirt for the 3rd time in the last month. We never seemed to get to it fast enough and soon it was rock hard again. So once that was done I started shoveling and shoveling and shoveling. Big J wants to try rows this year so I made rows by shoveling little pathways in between. Big J said that I should have made the paths smaller but I refuse to have to squeeze through the corn and other veggies. I wanted to be able to walk through without having to worry about stepping on anything.


And I am so sore from doing all that shoveling.

We also got the sprinklers hooked up and a new timer so that hopefully we wont have a repeat of last year, when the batteries went dead and killed about all my plants.

I have some seedlings that are just starting to come up and the kids are very excited to look at them each day and see how they are doing. I am going to have to plant most things from starter plants because I am starting so late but that's less work for me so its all good.

I can't wait to get my garden signs put in.

1 comment:

Samurai Mom said...

Stop tilling and start adding hummus to the soil.