Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Birthday Treat Disaster!


So I needed to make a birthday treat for Little D's class last Friday and I decided to make the above pictured treat. We had eaten them at the preschool party we had at the park that Wednesday. The kids loved them as you can see and they seemed easy enough. I looked a few recipes online and bought 2 boxes of cones and 2 boxes of cake mix. (There are 30 kids in Little D's class) So I made one batch but realized that I had only added 2 eggs instead of the 3 needed. But it was too late, they were already in the oven. So I thought oh well we will try batch 2 and if it works I will go buy more. Here is what batch one looked like before it went into the oven.


Here is the after.

So sad. Both batches turned out the same. I have no idea what I did wrong. It wasn't that they were filled too much because after they cooled there was nothing in the middle of the cone. And the second batch was not as full either.

So alas I decided that I would make Choc. chip cookies. That was, after all, what he wanted in the beginning, before I convinced him that these were way cool. So I started to make the cookies and needed to soften some butter and ended up melting it. Then when the recipe needed brown sugar, I had none. By this time I was so frustrated!. I had gone to Fresno and back that day and now I couldn't even make cookies! I ended up making cookies from a brownie mix that I had in the house. I was not about to go to the store again.

Who knows maybe I will try again in July for Little A's Birthday.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Isn't that how is always happens? The cupcake cones look cool. If you ever try them again and it comes out, let me know. But it all turned out well!