Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fruits of our Labors

So here are the first fruits of my Labors. I have gotten 4 zucchini and one cherry tomato! Pictured are 2 of the 4 zucchini and the cherry tomato that I carefully sliced and split between the 4 of us. I stuck a quarter in there so you would have a reference size. The children were reluctant but I thought that it was tasty and Big J just said that it tasted like a tomato. The kids were excited that it came from our garden though.

Then I peeled, seeded and grated the Zucchini. One half of the above zucchini made 2 Giant loaves of zucchini bread or 5 mini loaves. I made 1 large and 2 mini loaves. Pictured below are the 2 mini loaves that I am going to give to our Home Teachers that should be here shortly. I will also be sending them each home with a large zucchini.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

How cool is that? If you need someplace to get rid of some zuchinni, I will gladly take some off your hands! Mine is still really small, so it will be a while before I get anything out of my garden. You go girl