Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The "Incident"

Well this year I have been crazy with making all sorts of goodies for friends. Like today I made Almond Joy Balls. I thought that since it was almost time for my diet to start that I would make them today. They made so many I was looking for people to give them to. And I still have more. So watch out you may be getting a plate if you live near by. BTW here is a picture of them. Don't they look yummy?

Left is the Double Chocolate Oreo Truffle, Middle is the White Chocolate Almond Joy Ball, Right is the Chocolate Almond Joy Ball.

So anyway back to the "incident". Last week before Christmas I made a whole bunch of different goodies and divided them up for some of Big J's work friends and some other families in our ward. Well I had 10 plates to take around and I had the kids delivering some to houses of people they knew. We went to on of our friends we know through Jeremy's work and I told the kids to wait in the car.

We had never been there before and we were all admiring their Lights and Lawn ornaments. IE; a Blow up Santa and light up candy canes. We parked in front and I got out and went bounding up the lawn. Just as I got to the sidewalk... The next thing I know is that my foot is still on the lawn and my arm is in the air and I am going DOWN!. It was like a slow motion movie clip. So I crash and burn on the side walk and the cookies and treats go flying. I turn around to see what I had tripped over and realize that it was the Blow up Santa's cord that I tripped over. I thought,'They should tape that down! Someones likely to trip!' But then quickly realized that it was clearly my fault because I went through the grass and you can't tape cords down on grass.

Luckily I had covered the cookies with wrap so none of them came out. (that would have been horrible) But they got all jumbled up. So I unwrapped them and re placed them on the plate. Then knocked on the door like nothing had happened. No one (that I know of) saw me go down. Except...

When I got to the car I asked the kids if they saw me fall and Little D said, "Yes! I saw the Santa shake too!" Needless to say my knees hurt for a while and I still have 2 big bruises. One on each knee. I haven't been able to wear short skirts to church for 2 weeks.

Later I got to another friends house and they had shoes all over the front door step. They were like, "Sorry about the tripping hazards". And I was like, "No big deal, already tripped once." Then told them the story. Told my husband later and he eventually told the friend who's house it was. I was later teased for tripping over Santa. But that's OK. I would have told them right after it happened but I didn't want my friend to feel bad.

Anyway, I do clumsy stuff all the time. Its no big deal. Just another funny story to tell.