Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was spent at my brothers house in Arizona. Queen Creek to be exact. If you don't know where that is there is a good reason. ITS OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! Well.... almost. Its past Phoenix, past Tempe, Past Mesa, Past Gilbert and Chandler then Queen Creek. I remember the first time we went there. We got to Phoenix and I remember thinking "Yes! We're there!" But no. Once you get to Phoenix you still have to drove about 45 mins to and hour to get to his house.

But every time we go its cool. We saw some old friends from when we were first married. That was cool. Also this year my parents and my little brother were able to come down too. It was nice to be with family for the holiday.

One night we went to a Birthday BBQ that one of our old friends threw for his son. While my family went to some theme type park to play. Only they didn't leave us anyway to get into the house. I called to see if there was a spare but they said no. Then Jessica, my bros wife, said that my brother always breaks in through the upstairs window. She said that he climbs on top of the patio and that the window was open. So here we are at about 8:30 pm and no way in so we decided to try and break in. The patio was higher than I remembered and found myself wondering how in the world my brother gets up there by himself! But then I remember that my brother is insanely extreme. He probably gets up without any difficulty at all. So we decided that Big J wouldn't be able to climb up himself and decided that I would climb onto the BBQ and Big J would push me up the rest of the way.

Well it worked and found myself on top of the patio trying to get the screen off the window. It took me about 5 mins to get it off, all the while freaking out because their neighbor was in his backyard and I am sure that he could see me. The Kids were so funny. They kept saying "Why are we trying to break in?" we kept trying to quiet them not wanting the neighbors to hear and call the police. So once I finally got up to the Patio Little A was crying and Little D said to his Daddy, "That's Dangerous!"

Getting into the window proved to be a little harder than expected too. There were a whole bunch of books and other stuff stacked up next to the window and the blinds were down. I was a little scared that the neighbor would hear that for sure, even though he was already probably watching me, anyway... I got in and let the rest of the family in. Little D said that he was scared that the helicopter was coming to get me. I guess there was a helicopter flying around that he could see off in the distance. Later I noticed that I had 2 huge bruises on my thighs from climbing in the window. They still haven't gone away. They were pretty bad bruises.

Its funny cause every time we go to Phoenix I always want to move there. I don't know what it is. But I always feel like if we packed up and moved there I would be OK with that. Which is funny since its no secret that I want to be closer to my family, and that isn't any closer. Well it is closer to my Brother and Sister, but not the Grandparents.

On Thanksgiving when we were eating we all went around the table and said what we were thankful this year. I said I was thankful my husband had a good job. Big J said that he was grateful for healthy kids. The kids didn't say much.... they were too busy chomping on turkey legs!

Well I think that this post is long enough and I will stop there. I only have one more thing to say and that is "WHY ISN'T THERE A HOBBY LOBBY HERE?!? ITS LIKE MY MOTHER SHIP!"

1 comment:

Jessica said...

He he he he he. There is an image of you crawling through our window in my head that makes me laugh every time! Haha. Good form, Shawnel! AND MOVE here so we can go to Hobby Lobby all the time!!!!