Monday, December 28, 2009

Saturday Dec 26Th was our first Official trip to see the snow! We have lived here for almost 7 years and have never been to the mountains to see the snow. So Saturday we got all packed up borrowed some sleds and started up. We took Cheyenne cause we thought that she would have fun. I just want to say now. Note to self: Self, don't take your dog to the snow! When going up the mountains on curvy roads they get sick! Yep. Anyway, All the way up there I was thinking where is the snow. When we finally got there there was snow. It was pretty crusty but it was snow. There were a lot of people there so we walked into the woods a little bit and found our own little spot.


The picture doesn't do this hill justice. It was a little bigger than portrayed. The kids had fun on this hill though. It was just the right size that I didn't get tired going up it over and over.


Here is Little D going down!


Little C was the only one not having a good time. It could have been the fact that the smallest boots I had were size 9 and he is in a 5.5. I thought that I had smaller ones but I guess not.


Here is Little A on her first trip down by herself. She looks a little scared. But she had right to be cause this is what happened next.

She went back down though.

See, its all good!

Little C cheered up too. He hated the sled ride up. Funny kid, maybe he can pull me up. I would've loved it.


Later I found a bigger hill but we needed to pave the way down. And as you can see Cheyenne was having plenty of fun chasing us.


Here is Big J making a path.

Now that there was a path Big J was giving rides down. Little A was not scared but Little D was.

Cheyenne chasing Little A and Big J.

And of course we made Little D go down. Later when we asked him what his favorite part was he said riding on Daddy's back.

Little D ready to go back.


Little C liked the ride down back to the car better for sure.


I got Cheyenne to sit in the sled for a picture but immediately jumped out as soon and pictures were done.

It was a pretty fun trip to the snow. I told the kids that we will have to go back after it has snowed a bit more. Maybe then we can make snowmen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay for blog entries with pictures!