Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Productive Day

I was pretty productive today. At least "craft" wise. I finished 3 projects that have been waiting to be finished. The first 2 were made per Big J's Request, I made Big J a Surf board cover, so the racks wont make black marks on it.

I still need to find a cord or string to put in for the drawstring closure

And then I used left over fabric to make the Strap covers so they won't scratch the back of the boat while in transit.

Finally I was able to make a project that was on my list. It was in the works(on the list) for quite a while. My kids love to take my kitchen towels from where ever they find them and dry their hands and then drop them on the ground. The when Big J or I go to find one to dry our hands there are none to be found. (Secretly I think that Big J just thinks that I never put any back in the drawer.) So to solve this problem I made these...

I had to go to the spendy yet totally adorable fabric store to find one that matched my newest kitchen towels. But now they are done and I don't have to search for something to wipe my hands on anymore. I used this tutorial I found online. I made the ties and inch wider mainly because I couldn't gather them together that close. The towels were too thick. And the ties are a little long, so next time I will modify it a little more than I did this time.


It's only 3 pm so I might even be motivated to finish even more projects today. Yay Me!

No comments: