Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Garland

As some of you may know my parents were here for a few days after Thanksgiving. They arrived on Saturday and left on Wednesday. We had fun and the kids loved that Grandma and Grandpa were having a "sleep over". While they were here we tried to cram a whole lot of things into one weekend. My Mom and I set up all the Christmas decorations that I had, which isn't many. She came up with some really good ideas. I called her a Decorating Genius! She helped me put up some garland. I've always wanted to put some up but it never turned out very well and so it never stayed up. But she had no problems. We also went to Michaels and got some supplies for a garland for around the door. (Again I've always wanted but nails are hard to get into stucco, and once its in it falls out.) But we managed to get some in there and it looks great. Here it is.


We Found some garland that was on sale at 50% and we bought 2 so it was only ten dollars for that and then we got 2 berry garlands which were on sale also at 50% so they were 10 dollars for 2. Then we weaved them together with wire and added this great bow and Wallah! I wish I would have payed attention to what she was doing when she made the bow. Cause it was like 2 seconds and it was done. Must have come from all those floral arrangements she made when I was younger.

Thanks for helping me out Mom! I love it and I get a lot of compliments about it.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Your house looks so cute! And I love your Christmas tree, it doesn't look so bad, but you can probably get a really good deal on one after Christmas!