Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Update.

So our trip to AZ was so fun! It didn't feel like we were on vacation there. Its hard to explain. But we felt totally at home. I realized how much I missed driving on the freeways. Crazy I know but when there aren't at a stand still they are so fast and convenient. And in Phoenix they set up the city so nice that its hard to get lost.

Mossy and Mossy Wife were fun to hang out with. After the invasion of ticks they had the first night it was cool. (I wasn't too worried about them) Mossy Wife and I had a lot of fun crafting and decorating their house and Christmas Tree. I had made her 2 things to hang on her wall, which I will blog about next, and then we used this idea and made her some Christmas ones. It was fun.

Turkey day was fun too. We spent all day getting things ready and then we went to put the turkey in. You would have thought that 4 days in the fridge defrosting that everything would be Okay. But no. Turkey was still frozen! So what do you do 4 hrs to the biggest meal of the year? You send your hubbies out to the store to look for a defrosted turkey! We were lucky that they did end up finding some but all they had were GIANT ones! So they came back with a 21 lb. turkey. And can I just say that while cleaning it, all I could think was that the turkey looked a lot like the one that Joey got stuck on his head in a Friends episode! HE HE HE! Anyway, so we had our turkey and the only bad part now was that my bro had planned for us to have dinner at the same time as the rest of the family that were in Portland. We had everything set up with the web cams. The only problem was our turkey would be late. To make a long story short, We let the Oregon people eat and waited for our turkey. Only it was taking so long that we decided just to eat and have no turkey. So even though our turkey wasnt done it was still yummy. And we did get to eat it for left overs. Mossy wife and Mossy now had cooked 2 turkeys and had TONS of left overs! I'm glad it wasnt at my house. I don't need all that turkey laying around.

We had a good time and hated leaving. We hope to go back soon. Thanks Mossy and Mossy wife for letting us crash at your place. I learned at least one thing while there. I learned that you should ALWAYS check your turkey the night before just in case you need to put it in the sink to thaw!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey...still need to finish the wall, but I will send you pictures as soon as it's done...I would've e-mailed you this, but my e-mail is being funny! Sorry!