Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Hardworkin' Dad

So while my parents were here my Dad was a workin' fool. He did so much for us the short time that he was here. First he put our Christmas lights up on the house.

Then he went right to work cutting down all the trees and brush in the backyard so that I can grow a garden this spring! Even though I will have no idea what I am doing! But the yard looks awesome! Everything is cut down and cut into pieces and put into piles all that is left to do is get the stumps out and till the dirt! Sadly I forgot to take a before and after picture.

He also had to fix our Microwave. Sadly we were living with a "Ghetto" Microwave. Ours is one that goes above the stove and it had a handle on it at one point but it broke off a while ago. After that I had to use pliers to open it up! The handle sat around the kitchen for like 2 months. Then one day it was gone. So when my Dad saw this it was no Bueno for him. He took me to Home Depot to look for a new handle. Do you have any idea how much a handle for a mirowave cost? We figured that it would be like 10 or so dollars. No! Not even close! $60! Thats what they wanted for a measly handle! I was like I might as well buy a new one for that price. Our Microwave is like 15 years old $60 is more than its even worth. So we opted for these.....

He he he! We didn't tell Jeremy and it took him like 2 days to notice. Just goes to show how often he is in the Kitchen. So anyway it may be silly but that only cost us like $10 vs. $60. So anyone that comes over and needs to use the microwave at least you don't have to try the pliers!

1 comment:

homegirl said...

You've got a nice daddy!