Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gingerbread Kits!

So I bought this Gingerbread House Kit from Costco a few years ago with the absolute intention of making it. A Christmas would go by and we still hadn't made it so this year I decided that I was going to make it. I didn't know how long they were good for so I looked for the expiration date. It read use by March 07! Yep we'd had it since Dec 06. Well I decided to make it anyway. Of course I told the kids that they definitely couldn't eat any of the candy or they might die, it was so old. I got all the pieces out and we got started.

First off it did not smell like gingerbread at all. Now I am guessing that's cause it was so old. It smelled pretty unappetizing. Your supposed the heat up the frosting in the microwave so I did and let me just say, the frosting was like playdoh! It wasn't sticky at all. It was super hard to get any of the candy to stick to the house. If you touched it after you got it to stay it would just fall off. So after a while I gave up and got out my own frosting.after that things got messy cause it was way too runny. Little D lost interest after the roof. Probably because you couldn't eat any candy. After all that's what makes gingerbread making so fun. But Little A and I kept on going. Little A even finished the Gingerbread Men that came with it. (pictured above) So here is what it turned out to look like. Not the best but oh well that's what you get with a 2 yr old kit. Needless to say I threw it away the next day.

No comments: